Real estate news releases
Search our commercial real estate news and announcements.
Avison Young’s ninth annual global Day of Giving event initiates change through action and partnership with local charitiesOctober 11, 2022
Toronto, ON – On Thursday, September 29, Avison Young held its ninth annual global Day of Giving event, providing more than 5,200 hours of service to local communities. Staff from all the firm’s geographies came together to help initiate change through action and partnership. Supporting local organizations focused on advancing sustainability, equality, and health, each Avison Young office choose its own community volunteer project in collaboration with the groups or charity that received assistance.
As Avison Young continues to expand in markets and size across the globe, the Day of Giving’s impact grows (65,000 hours and counting!). This year, approximately 80 Avison Young offices spent the day volunteering with more than 60 community organizations in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, and Europe.
“We believe in the positive impact commercial real estate can make all over the world and are particularly invested in the places we live and work,” said Mark E. Rose, Avison Young’s Chair and CEO. “Our Day of Giving Day event is a way we continue to put people at the heart of everything we do – there is no better or more fulfilling day in our calendar.”
Below are some highlights from activities around the globe:
- Canada – Canadian offices helped with community clean up, food bank sorting and repairing camp facilities and living spaces for underprivileged youth.
- United States – Offices across the U.S. engaged in a variety of service work including volunteering with March of Dimes and The Salvation Army, as well as teaming with local charities including food banks.
- United Kingdom – Team members from U.K. offices partnered with Groundwork for local community clean-up and with local food pantries, holding food drives and stocking shelves.
- Mexico – The Mexico City office volunteered at a local hospital, helping with the logistical and administrative duties of supporting 140 candidates for cataract surgery.
- Germany – Together our German teams prepared the outdoor play area of an emergency children’s shelter for the fall and winter.
About Avison Young
Avison Young creates real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people. As a private company, our clients collaborate with an empowered partner who is invested in their success. Our integrated talent realizes the full potential of real estate by using global intelligence platforms that provide clients with insights and advantage. Together, we can create healthy, productive workplaces for employees, cities that are centers for prosperity for their citizens, and built spaces and places that create a net benefit to the economy, the environment and the community.
Avison Young is a 2022 winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its Best Managed designation for 11 consecutive years.